Since 2019, the Division nominates the best paper in the category of Critical Gender, Work, and Organization. There is a prize for this paper sponsored by the journal Gender, Work & Organization awarded at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting.
See past winners of the Best Critical Gender, Work and Organization.
- 2023: Cat Spellman (Durham University Business School) and Jo McBride (Durham University Business School), 'Gendering ‘The Hidden Injuries of Class’ and In-Work Poverty in Britain'
- 2022: Celina McEwen (University of Technology, Sydney), Alison Pullen (Macquarie Business School) and Carl Rhodes (University of Technology, Sydney), 'Repressive Equality Regimes: Theorizing the Disconnections in Organizational Equity Practices'
- 2021: Penelope Muzanenhamo (University College of Dublin, Smurfit) and Rashedur Chowdhury (University of Southampton), 'Can the Female Black Scholar Speak Out in a Noncooperative Space?
- 2020: Nicole Ferry (City University of Seattle) and Eric Guthey (Copenhagen Business School), 'There is no Lean In for Men'
- 2019: Ghazal Zulfiqar (Lahore University of Management Science), 'The Social Life of Gold: How A Gendred Asset Serves Social Reproduction and Finance in South Asia'