In some years, the program chair and executive committee nominates a best paper on the subject of international business. There is a prize sponsored by the journal critical perspectives on international business
and the Emerald Publishing Group. See the past winners of Best International Business Paper.
- 2016: Mattia Anesa (University of Queensland), Nicole Gillespie (University of Queensland), A. Paul Spee (University of Queensland) and Kerrie Sadiq (Queensland University of Technology), 'Field-Level Legitimization of Corporate Tax Minimization'
- 2015: Hamid Vahidnia, Hans Hansen and Leila Forouhi (Texas Tech University, USA), ‘Exploiting the Poor in Faraway Locations: A Corporate Guide.’
- 2014: Rafael Alcapadini (FGV-EAESP, Brazil) & Cintia Rodrigues O Medeiros (Federal University of Uberlandia, Brazil)
Necrocorporations: Corporate Crimes and Multinationals.
- 2013: Rafael Alcadipani and Bill Cooke, ‘The Ford Foundation's "Mess" in Management Educationin Brazil.’
- 2011: Jessica Heineman-Pieper (George Mason University, USA), ‘The Structural Violence of Globalization.’